Friday, October 11, 2013

Wonderfully Made

I came across this song/video yesterday while searching for another song. It so moved me, that I don't think I need to write anything today (but, of course, I will...I can't resist!).  

If you don't normally listen to the music link I provide, PLEASE do so today. We all need to know this-that we are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14). Read the scriptures on the video. Listen to the music. Let it wash over you. If you ever had any doubt as to what your purpose is in life, why you're here; if you ever felt unloved, unimportant, unlovable...this is for you. You are God's unique design. 

In case you're still thinking of skipping the video, read the words first, then let the music be the balm to your soul today (by the way, I think this is meant for babies-it's very soothing, but I love it).

Looking out into the night sky, a million stars shining down, 
I can see how you'd feel so small.
Don't forget I'm your Creator.
You are mine and I adore you
Nothing else moves my heart like you.

You're not here by chance
You are my design
I did well to give you life.

     You are fearfully and wonderfully made
     Long before you drew your first breath I knew your name
     Surely goodness and mercy will follow you forever
         for you are fearfully and wonderfully made.

Looking deep into your eyes-
You're beautiful-like no one else
I smile when I think about your face
You were made in my own image 
Carefully, my love would finish forming you into who you are.

I won't let you go
I'm here with you always
I'll watch you grow strong because I know...

     You are fearfully and wonderfully made
     Long before you drew your first breath, I knew your name.
     Surely goodness and mercy will follow you forever
        for you are fearfully and wonderfully made.
                                                                    (From Scripture Lullabies Vol II:  Hidden in My Heart--all rights reserved)

God saw all that he had made, and it was very good (Genesis 1:31)

Yes, it was.  It is.  You are.

Blessings Along the Path,
Mary

Wonderfully Made (Scripture Lullabies)
Scripture Lullabies website

No comments:

Post a Comment