Friday, November 22, 2013

Nuthin'!

After almost 60 blogs, today I've got nuthin'! I woke up this morning feeling physically, emotionally and spiritually exhausted. Sometimes that just happens. I had something I needed to take care of, but I just didn't have it in me to take care of it--I would do it, but I couldn't worry about it just yet. I didn't have the energy. As I stepped into the shower, I said, "God, I've got nothing today. I just can't..." 

For the first time in quite awhile, I just didn't fret about anything. I was too drained. It wasn't that I didn't care. It was more that I think I actually cast my care on Him. Cast your cares on the Lord, and He will sustain you (Psalm 55:22). The only thing that would sustain me today would be to lean on Jesus. 

If I had to do warfare today, it would be done in a state of quiet surrender...not to the enemy of my soul, but to the Savior of my soul...Jesus. In casting my cares on Him, I was giving my whole day, my everything to Him to take care of. You know, the word "cast" means "to throw." Yup, that was me this morning. I just threw it at Him. 

Don't you think that is where He wants us? In a state of quiet surrender? He wants us to get so sick of doing it ourselves, that we just throw it at Him, and say, "Okay, okay...HERE!" We don't have to wait until we are drained of all energy to do that, but sometimes that's what it takes to get through to those of us who are overly hard-headed (ahem). I think that we do battle best when we are still. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still (Ex 14:14). After all, if we're busy yelling at demons all day long, how will we hear the still, small voice of God?

So far, I've had a pretty uneventful day...no battles to do. But perhaps that's because God is simply fighting them for me, and I don't even know what's going on! If I really thought hard, I'm sure I could make a list of everything that needs to get done. But I'm not thinking hard today; I'm hardly thinking, and what could possibly be on that list that can't wait? Nuthin'! Today, I'm a human being, not a human doing.

Remember Yukon Cornelius, from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer? He was the explorer who was always trying to find gold and kept using his pick ax to dig at the ice. He'd take a taste and say, "Nuthin'!" He was always disappointed, because He was in a constant state of searching...he, Herbie the Dentist and Rudolph...the misfits. Well, I've found my Gold...and I've cast my cares on Him today...so I can throw away that pick ax and say, "I've got nuthin'! Nuthin' but you, God, and that's enough for me today!" 

Blessings Along the Path,
Mary

Video of the Day:
Yukon Cornelius-Nothing

Song of the Day: (This is a compilation of videos, so if you'd like to rest in the Lord today, let it keep playing)
Mighty, Rushing Breath of God (Kathi Wilson w/daughters Hannah and Hadassah)

For more information on Kathi's music and the beautiful artwork in her video, visit her website
Living Water Productions (Kathi Wilson's website)

No comments:

Post a Comment