Thursday, January 30, 2014

Amazing and Astounding!

I'm guessing that most everyone reading this blog is familiar with the "Transfiguration" of Jesus. Luke 9:29 tells us As He was praying, the appearance of His face changed, and his clothes became as bright as a flash of lightning."

I was reading about this the other day in Beth Moore's book, Jesus, the One and Only. She says this:

"I'm not sure, but what I picture happening was for just that moment, Christ, the fullness of the Godhead bodily, who had been imprisoned in this body of flesh, suddenly just lowered it as if it were a coat--almost as if to just drop it to the ground--and for that moment stood there in His Godness. For just that moment He became a little bit more of who He really was. He took off some of the human costume and stood there in a greater revelation of His glory."

Wow! You know, I don't think I ever really grasped the "Transfiguration" before. Not like this. Beth painted a picture for me that gave me a greater glimpse of the true glory of God. Imagine Jesus, just taking his humanity off, like a coat, and what was under that, inside that, was pure God-ness! 

We know that Jesus was fully man and fully God, but that's such a hard concept for us "fully humans" to grasp. This really made me see the power of God in a human form. I think that for years, I pictured the glory of God coming down from heaven and enveloping Jesus, along with Moses and Elijah, who appeared in glorious splendor, talking with Jesus (Luke 9:30). Almost as if Moses and Elijah brought the glory down with them, instead of the reverse. I  believe that it was the glory of God in the human body of Jesus that gave Moses and Elijah their glorious splendor. They experienced the heavenly power of God, and Jesus was the heavenly power of God. He carried it with Him! He embodied it! Simply amazing and astounding!

Selah...
      (pause...and think on that)

Blessings Along the Path,
Mary

no song or video today. Just pause...and think on that...amazing and astounding!

No comments:

Post a Comment