Monday, February 10, 2014

How Will You Be Remembered?

Facebook has a new feature---it puts together a movie of your (Facebook) life. It's pretty cool, actually. I don't know how it does it, but I got choked up when I watched mine. Everyone on Facebook has one. You click on a link and you watch this little slideshow. 

Someone recently posed the question: "If a movie of your life was made, what would it be called and who would play you?" I thought that was a very thought-provoking question. Of course, in keeping with my self-deprecating nature, I decided it would be called something like, "Following Mary," and would take you through the many jobs I've had. And I would want Lucille Ball to play me, but she's no longer alive, so I'd have to go with Sandra Bullock; I love her natural humor. Plus, she's really good looking.

What could you say about your life? What would your movie be called? Who would play you? What would your Facebook movie say about you? When you're gone, how will people remember you? Do you think they'll remember you as you desire to be remembered? 

I think people will remember my humor. I would like people to remember that I was an encourager and always positive (I'll need to work on that last one...hopefully, I have a long time to work on it!).

In his letter to the Philippians, Paul says, "I thank God every time I remember you." (Phil 1:3). More than anything else, I want people to thank God when they remember me. If people don't equate me with God, then I've failed. It's more important that I be remembered as a follower of Christ than a funny person who encouraged others. Anyone can do that. But more than anything, I want to be remembered as a woman who loved God...loves God...present tense. Right after they meet me. Long after they meet me. I want to convey Christ everywhere I go.

How will you be remembered...today, tomorrow and later, when you're gone? Will you be known as one who loves God?


Oh, and George Clooney could feel free to play my leading man...just saying...

Blessings Along the Way
Mary

Song of the Day
I Love You, Lord (Maranatha Singers)




No comments:

Post a Comment