Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I Am NOT Superwoman

Hello friends! Contrary to what you may believe, I am not Superwoman. I did not write the last five blogs having just gone through major surgery. On the contrary, I wrote them ahead of time, just like I pre-cooked meals to have for a week after surgery. I plan well when I want to.

However, I'm still feeling pretty tired, and not quite up to snuff. I'm not spending time with God like I want. My prayers are more of a "Help me God...I need to sleep!" than, "What lesson can I learn from this?" I'm just trying to make it through the day (and night). My concentration is not what it should be yet. I just need to take some time to take care of myself for awhile.

On that note, I've decided to take a blogging break. We all need to admit when we need to take a break, and I need one now. I'm too old and too tired to pretend I'm Superwoman, especially when anyone who really knows me knows that I'm far from it. Being on "the other side of 50," you no longer feel you have to prove anything to anyone. It's very freeing. You should try it. 

I'll be back, but I don't know when. Maybe in a week. Maybe I'll be inspired sooner. I'm going to let God decide. When He shows me a lesson, I'll share it with you. In the meantime,

Blessings Along the Path
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment