Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Little Things

The other day, Lucy (aka Normal Dog) put her paw on my arm to be petted. As she did, I noticed a strange pink lump. I brought her to the vet and was informed that it was a growth, and could be cancerous...and if so, could be fast moving...OR...it could be nothing but a growth. 

The vet took her "in the back" where they would take a sample and put it on a slide to get a preliminary look, then send it out to the lab. 

While I was waiting, I decided to pray. I'm having major surgery this week and right now would really not be a good time financially for my dog to have to undergo surgery as well, not to mention recovery for both of us. I just couldn't deal with the lampshade thing while I'm trying to recover. It would be inconvenient for her to have a lampshade as well. On top of everything, I haven't been working much, and when I don't work, I don't get paid. I started to tell God this, and realized that, duh, He already knows. So I skipped that part and went straight to the plea. "God, please let this be nothing. You know the situation. You know I just can't do this right now. Please, let this just be a growth, which can either be easily removed or left alone. Thank you."

I didn't go on and on, flailing about on the floor (I didn't know when the vet might come back, after all). I just said what I had to say and left it at that, confident that God heard my prayer.

The preliminary results showed nothing bad, but the lab will further determine what, if anything it is and from there, I suppose, we will determine treatment, if any.

I silently thanked God. 

Now, you can say that God heard my prayer. Indeed. I had good results. But what if the results
had come back as cancer? Would I say that God didn't hear my prayer, or didn't answer my prayer? No. I know God heard my prayer. He always hears the prayers of His children. He may not always answer our prayers the way we want, but He always answers them. There is no such thing as unanswered prayer. What kind of God would ignore His children in their time of need? Would you do that as a parent to your own child? How much more does our Father love us?

If the results had come back negatively...or I should say, positive... (and they still might), then I'd just have to shift my prayers (I suppose I'd ask for a financial miracle). Regardless of the outcome, I always know that God hears my prayers, because I know how much He loves me. He cares deeply about every petition I put before Him; even a growth on my dog's toe!

You may be facing something much larger than a growth on your dog's toe. Your situation may seem insurmountable, or it may appear that there is no solution. You may feel like you're up against a wall, with no way out. BUT GOD...

Bring your petitions before God, then trust Him with the results. Have faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, "Move from here to there" and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you (Matthew 17:20)

If He doesn't move it or remove it, He'll be with you as you go through it. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you (Isaiah 43:2-NLT).

Have faith. He cares for you and wants the best for you.

Blessings Along the Path,
Mary

Song of the Day


No comments:

Post a Comment