Friday, October 31, 2014

Overcoming Negativity: Day 29: I Will Be With You Always


Whew! I made it through the 31-Day Writing Challenge!

Yes, I realize that this is Day 29.I started a day late and skipped a day for a much needed rest. Therefore, it has turned into a 29 Day Challenge. Whatever.

And how about you? How have you done?

If you're a fellow blogger...


did you make it? Of course you did. You're reading this. You're still alive. You made it! Maybe you didn't write every day. Whatever. Don't beat yourself up. Give yourself a pat on the back for rising to the challenge and doing what you did.

If you're a faithful (or even occasional) reader and follower of my blog...

did you make it? Of course you did. You're reading this. You're still alive. You made it! Maybe you're still hearing negative excuses, thoughts, emotions and attitudes coming into your head and out of your mouth. Maybe you're not Polly Positive. Whatever. Don't beat yourself up. Give yourself a pat on the back for rising to the challenge and doing what you did. 

Be positive. Don't dwell on the negative. Commend yourself for what you did do and where you will go.

We have been studying the Whatevers...whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy...and now we're putting it into practice.

And we're told that the God of peace will be with us.

But what if I fail? What if I fall back into that negative thinking? What if things get tough and I can't get on the other side of negativity? What if I can't even get out of the pit that I'm in right now? I can't seem to stop thinking and speaking negative things. I don't have a whole lot of positive going on right now. 

God Himself, the God of peace will be with you...always.

When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you (Isaiah 43:2)

Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)

I will be with you always to the very end of the age (Matthew 28:20)

That's a promise. And when God promises, He delivers.

Stay under His wing. Stay in the Presence of the King. Stay in His Peace.

And thank you for following along in this series. Remember, it's a process.

May God richly bless you as you travel on the path out of Negativity,







Song of the Day

4 comments:

  1. YAY! You made it! May this weekend be filled with restful moments ...

    Congrats on going the long haul, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Mary! And congratulations. I didn't try to do the challenge. I normally write 5 days a week, and add in extra responsibilities to two other sites. I have enjoyed all the 31 day posts I've been able to read. In His presence and peace, amen! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on completing the challenge. I lasted just 14 days as it's been a hard season of transition. But I've enjoyed getting to know some new bloggers, like yourself. Thanks for linking up with The Weekend Brew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I did not take the challenge this year because with a full time job I knew it would not be manageable. Love getting to meet you through The Weekend Brew! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete