Monday, February 16, 2015

God Help Me---I've Posted a Recipe!

God help me...I'm turning into one of "those" bloggers...the homemaking kind. The posting recipes kind. 

Those who know me know that domestic is not a word that describes me. This sign hangs in my kitchen.



It's sort of true.

However, I've been really into soups lately. I found this recipe...I think it was in Eating Well magazine. I tweaked it a bit to my liking. 

If you enjoy soup, and are into "souper" easy, this recipe is a breeze. It's also very healthy and low in calories (until you add the biscuits).




Chicken, Kale & Sweet Potato Soup



Ingredients:

1 onion, chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 cups chopped kale
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 diced sweet potatoes
2 32-oz boxes of lowsalt, lowfat chicken broth
1 package thinly sliced chicken breasts
2 cups egg noodles or pasta shells (I used egg noodles)
Sea salt and pepper to taste

Saute onion in olive oil; add chicken. Meanwhile, in a large pot, add kale, sweet potatoes, celery and chicken broth.  Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook on low heat/simmer. Once chicken is cooked through, remove from frying pan and cut into small pieces. Add to soup pot, along with the onion in frying pan. Simmer until potatoes are soft and kale is wilted (about 30-40 minutes). While soup is simmering, cook egg noodles/pasta shells. When cooked, but not soft, add to soup pot. Serve with Pillsbury biscuits. Serves 6-8.  

Enjoy!

Oh, and don't worry. This won't be a habit (I hope).

Blessings Along the Path,
Mare

4 comments:

  1. For not being a recipe person, this looks delicious! Thanks for sharing and visiting Pretty Simple Ideas, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of Kale so this sounds absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing this fantastic recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary! There isn't anything wrong with switching it up a little now and then! I am a soup lover, so I appreciate a good recipe. Sadly, I am not a fan of kale or sweet potatoes, but I know many are.
    A friend of mine gave me a recipe for knock-off Olive Garden Vegetable Soup. Yum!! My husband is going to make it for us tomorrow. Can't wait :)
    Enjoy your soup today, it's cold outside!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great, Mary! Thanks for sharing this recipe. I copied it and printed it out.

    ReplyDelete