Friday, June 5, 2015

Taking a Break

In case you didn't know:

Today, Friday, June 5, is National Donut Day. If you overindulge, don't worry...



...because tomorrow is National Trails Day. You can walk off your guilt. Why do you think I hike so much?



Now, on to the topic at hand.

When I first started blogging about a year and a half ago, I had so much to say. I was seeing spiritual life lessons everywhere. I love how God pours Himself into us when we open our eyes, ears and hearts.

I don't think that God has stopped showing me these powerful and awesome life lessons; they're still there. Rather, I think that I've become too used to seeing them, and the newness has worn off. And my blogging has started to go in a different direction.

If you're a fellow blogger, you know how much time goes into one blog post. Hours. If you're a reader and not a blogger, I hope you enjoy what you read, as well as the pictures and memes. I'm so very grateful for your support, and I love your emails and comments!

Unfortunately, because of the time a regular blog demands, I just can't keep up. Working full time takes up a huge chunk of my time. On top of that, I've been working on other writing projects, so my posts have dwindled considerably.

At the end of July, I will be attending my very first writing conference...a Christian one too! I'm very excited, and hope to learn a lot about writing, editing, and publishing a book (my other writing projects).

Because I will be pitching my projects to agents, editors and publishers, I need to take the next few months off from blogging to work on proposals, and other pieces of the books in order to pull it all together. I want to bring my best work with me!

I hope you won't forget about me! Whenever I get inspired, I will post, but I don't want to post for the sake of posting and have it be something not worth reading.

In case you're curious about what I'm writing...well, I'll tell you!

1) a non-fiction book, loosely titled, Overcoming Negativity. This is based on my post series, 31 Days to Overcoming Negativity.  I naively thought I could just pull all the posts into a book and boom, there ya go! I discovered that it's not that easy. Not at all!

2) a 30-day devotional book to accompany the above book. 

3) a short novel called The Brothers Oulda: a parable, a story about three brothers named Shoulda, Woulda, and Coulda who take up residency in a man's head, creating havoc and eventually being evicted. The story is followed by the explanation of the symbolism in the book in Part II, and the third part is a short bible study or challenge questions (still working on Parts II and III).

If you feel inclined, I would appreciate prayer for the completion of these projects. I will return to the blog world as the Lord leads. 

Until then, go eat some donuts and then take a hike!

Do you need to take a break from something in order to concentrate on something else? Why not give yourself permission to do that?

Blessings, as you traverse your path,
Mare

Blessing CountersWeekend BrewSunday Stillness

4 comments:

  1. Mary, Your projects sound so exciting. I can't wait to hear about your progress and the conference. Blessings! Now go eat a donut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Deb! I actually bought a box of munchkins for all the guys (I work for my son, a landscaper), and they took the box to the jobsite! So I never got one, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting what the Lord is doing in your life! Are you attending SheSpeaks?! (I will be there too if so!) I pray that the Lord will guide your time and you will be prepared for conference! Your neighbor at Sunday Stillness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winter, thanks for stopping by to visit! I just went to your blog and saw your linkup...a little too late for me, since I'm now taking a break! I'm going to make a note of it for when I return! I am not attending She Speaks, though I've heard of it. I'm attending the Greater Philadelphia Christian Writer's Conference. And have been avoiding my projects all weekend to hike and garden. Other loves...ah (sigh) so many loves.

    ReplyDelete