Saturday, October 3, 2015

Crockpot Joy

I came home from work today to a ready-to-eat meal.

What joy!

Ah, crockpots. Gotta love 'em. Especially this time of year, when I can make chili and soups and stews. I love throwing stuff in and seeing what comes out. 

My cleaning lady (who is also my friend) thinks that I only cook in my crockpot, or that Hubbles does all the cooking because every time she comes to clean, either the crockpot is going or Hubbles starts cooking as she's leaving (BTW, that is not true partly true).

This morning I combined and tweaked a couple of chili recipes I had...and boy was it gooooood! And I even indulged in my occasional glass of wine.

My only "unjoy" is that the picture came out blurry!



And yes, it was before the wine (which I didn't even finish--and it was a glass that I didn't finish, not a bottle). 

Add me to the Pinterest failures list.

I call it 

Pulled  Chicken Pumpkin Quinoa Chili.

Click here for a free printable recipe. And be sure to have a nice glass of wine with it.

Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for God has already approved what you do. 
Ecclesiastes 9:7

Sharing this post with my Saturday blog link-ups.

8 comments:

  1. I love my crock pot too. It is so nice to dump and come back later for a sweet meal. Thanks for the yummy new recipe. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually have good luck with my slow cooker until Friday. I made the mistake of adding frozen broccoli cuts to the crock pot to cook with the chicken. Let's just say we had to burn two scented candles simultaneously that evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What exactly did it do, Carrie? Did the broccoli smell bad? Burn? I'd like to know so I don't do it!

      Delete
  3. My husband is the crockpot king! I travel occasionally for my job, and this time of year he is thinking about all of his crockpot recipes. When I return home, I open the door and the wonderful aroma brings me great joy! Knowing I have a husband who cares enough to do this when I am gone, knowing HOW to do it and the joy in knowing we are so blessed with all the good food we have to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, that's the BEST when the Hubs makes dinner, isn't it? I love that yours is a crockpot king! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. I love my crock pot. I look forward to making a big batch of Taco Soup and White Chicken Chili soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh, taco soup sounds really good, Barbie! Wouldn't mind having that recipe.

      Delete