Monday, October 12, 2015

Simple Joys: A Perfect Egg

I eat a hard boiled egg every morning. 

Wow, big news. Thanks for sharing.

Thing is, I never quite cook them right. I never really know how long they should cook, so I probably overcook them. They're sometimes impossible to peel with a weird green lining around the yolk.

Then I found instructions on making the perfect hard (or soft) boiled egg. It seemed strange, but I tried it.

Oh what joy!

A perfectly cooked easy-to-peel egg with a creamy yolk and NO green lining!



Here's what I was instructed to do (for pictures and even a quick video, go to thekitchn.com:

Place eggs in pot of cold water.
Bring to a vigorous boil.
Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for eight minutes (4 if you want a little runny and soft, 6 if you want less hard, 10 if you want super well-done).
Dump hot water and replace with ice water (prevents eggs from further cooking).
Roll eggs or tap with a spoon to make a small crack.
Peel and eat, or refrigerate and save for later.

Perfect eggs. 

I just don't know if I can contain my joy.

Blessings Along the Path,
Mare

This is part of the Write 31 Days series. Click here to read other posts about Intentional Joy!



2 comments:

  1. I love the soft boiled ones my mom used to make. Eating them in an egg holder with my toast "soldiers" for dipping in the yolk is the English way of doing it. But, a good harbored egg I certainly can overeat them!
    Joy!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete